Four years ago I pinned a post that spoke to my fear and emotional turmoil over seeing that Apricot Anarchist elected to the highest position in the land. I turned it over and over in my mind how such a thing could really happen and if the ideals that I had been force fed over my lifetime weren’t just a figment of someone’s diseased imagination.
This morning, November 4th, I awoke with hope that decency, love and respect will still prevail as the votes continue to be counted. However… I along side that hope is an anger unlike any that I have vented before. So this is post isn’t for those who voted with me for the Biden/Harris ticket and the Blue Wave. This is for the rest of you, including those of you who didn’t vote at all.
I SEE YOU…
I see you for the hateful, zenophobic racist that you are. Because to vote for a man that:
- Lied to the American people about the severity of COVID-19 putting millions at risk
- Did NOTHING about the spreading pandemic and then even worse, worked against the states themselves to stockpile PPE
- Is actively working to strip you and more than 20 million Americans of healthcare… during a pandemic
- Due to his ineptness and narcissism over 200,000 Americans lost their lives to COVID-19 and he was off golfing at his own properties, which my and your tax dollars are having to pay for… speaking of tax dollars…
- Has only paid $750 in taxes because he says that he’s smarter than you and everyone else who is a chump and pays taxes
- Was impeached for trying to blackmail and pressure the Ukraine into telling lies against Joe Biden
- Enacted a Muslim Ban
- 26 creditable sexual assault accusations
- Has bankrupted EVERYTHING he has every touched
- Owes over $400 million dollars to who knows who… shall I continue?
You chose a narcissistic, racist, authoritarian demagogue who rips babies from their parent’s arms and throws them into cages to be abused, neglected and fester in fear as your leader. You voted for a man that forcibly tore children from arms that protected, arms that would have given their very lives to ensure their child(ren)’s safety and you know who couldn’t care less. You voted for a vile racist who’s own parents were in the KKK. You voted for a hateful, lie spewing, divisive man who mocks the differently abled, ignores science, strips protections from the LGBTQIA community, says that someone being an anti-fascist, who believes that Black lives matter are thugs and put the Proud Boys on alert. Shall I continue? Is this your King?
B. Slade put out a lyrical video called “Changes” and it so accurately depicts how so many of us feel in this country. Take a look here https://youtu.be/UqDSxuxGx-g then you will understand the last few paragraphs of this post.
So no, I will not be reaching out a hand and lending a sympathetic ear to “understand” your point of view. I am quite vehemently done with the whole notion of “well… no matter who wins we have to come together…”. Hell nah! Your vote for your own interest is/was a vote against the interest of the rest of us; against the collective body who value and believe in science. Who are decent, hardworking people who think and feel that there is absolutely structural and institutional racism, and we have to put policies and actions in place that provide restorative justice.
I see you! I see who you are, I see how you really feel about me and my otherness. I see you and that you would rather vote to keep your power and majority and keep me and mine relegated to a place beneath your feet. I see for you that Black lives don’t matter, that the extrajudicial murder of Black bodies in the streets is justified and negligible.
Am I mad you ask. Abso-frickin-lutely I am mad! I am the angry Black woman with poignant words, natural hair and education that you fear. So, no, don’t talk to me because I will not be engaging you. I see you for EXACTLY who and what you are. The beauty of it is that I’m not the only one who sees you…